Yoga Law in Wisconsin:
Strong and Calm Advocacy with a Conscience
By Attorney Emily Dudak Leiter
March 6, 2019
Yoga is an important part of the lives of the shareholders and employees at The Law Center. It helps guide how the firm is run. Shareholder meetings often occur in yoga clothes. Work schedules flex around yoga classes and family. The firm offers its employees a weekly yoga class and encourages a healthy work/life balance. The firm also applies a yogic mindset to its practice of law: focusing on children and families in crisis and providing strong and calm advocacy with a conscience.
With its yoga law practice, The Law Center merges its passion for yoga with its experience in business law and transactional matters. The firm offers studio owners and yoga instructors help with the following:
- Business entity formation and operation
- Releases, waivers of liability, and intake forms
- Insurance policy reviews and advice
- Intellectual property protection, e.g., copyrighting your written materials
- Advice regarding and performance of background checks on teachers and assistants
- Advice regarding liability and teaching practices such as physical assists and inquiring about injuries
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Commercial leases and real estate transactions
- Taxation issues
- Special issues involved in online class offerings
- Special issues involved in trainings and retreats located outside the United States
- Representation in negotiations for retreats, workshops, trainings, festivals, and other special events
- Speaking about legal issues at yoga teacher trainings
The Law Center’s goal is to offer studio owners and yoga instructors the comprehensive legal support they need, so that they can focus on their teaching and their own yoga practice.
The primary attorney on these cases, Emily Dudak Leiter, is a certified yoga teacher and is honored to have completed her 200-hour teacher training with Jessica and Al Noche of Kramas Yoga LLC in Madison, Wisconsin.
To view or save this article in pdf format, please click here.
Photograph Copyright (c) 2019, Natural Intuition Photography, www.naturalintuitionphoto.com