450 S. Yellowstone Dr., Madison, WI 53719 | 602 Pleasant Oak Dr., Oregon, WI 53575
Telephone: 608-821-8200 | Toll-free: 888-860-KIDS (5437) | Fax: 608-821-8201


We provide a wide range of immigration services for children and families across the country and around the world, including but not limited to the following:

  • Post-2016 Presidential election advice.  Here are a few reminders from our friends at the National Immigration Law Center and their “Know Your Rights” guide.
    • You have the right to remain silent. You may refuse to speak to immigration officers.
    • Do not open your door (ICE must have a warrant signed by a judge to enter).
    • You have the right to speak to a lawyer.
    • Before you sign anything, talk to a lawyer.
    • Always carry with you any valid immigration document you have.
    • If you are worried that ICE will arrest you, let the officer know if you have children.
    • Carry a “know-your-rights card” and show it if an immigration officer stops you.
    • For more information please see:  Know your rights 2017 home and  Know your rights 2017 public stop
  • Family-based immigration.  Marriage-based and fiancé visas, whether the spouse or fiancé is here or abroad (adjustment of status and consular processing), with an emphasis on LGBT marriage-based filings.
  • Children’s immigration.  We have extensive nationwide experience in children’s immigration, including but not limited to Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (“SIJS”), working with both private individuals and public entities like county agencies to obtain SIJS for the child.  See our handout listing the different visas, and our handout on SIJS.
  • Intercountry adoption.  We can help with many types of intercountry adoptions, including agency matches, independent matches, relative adoptions, and adoptions of foreign-born children in state courts within the United States.  See our handout regarding intercountry adoption.
  • Re-adoption and registering intercounty adoptions in Wisconsin state courts.  We handle re-adoptions and registrations of orders for families in Wisconsin, and we can provide trusted referrals for adoption attorneys in other states through the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys.
  • Adoption-based citizenship.  We can help your family finish the final step in your intercountry adoption: the filing of an N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship.
  • Date of birth changes for internationally adopted children.  One of our attorneys, Emily Dudak Leiter, through the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, wrote federal legislation on this topic, making it easier for families to correct dates of birth for their foreign-born children.  The legislation was called the Accuracy for Adoptees Act of 2013.
  • Citizenship issues (derivation and acquisition).  Parents are sometimes shocked to learn that their foreign-born children may not be U.S. citizens when they apply for their passports or drivers’ licenses.  We can help resolve this uncertainty and if relevant, help you satisfy the prerequisites to making your child a U.S. citizen.  See our handout here regarding the various ways children can become U.S. citizens.
  • Naturalization.  We handle naturalizations from start to finish for an affordable flat fee.